This page has an online learning session that has been specifically created to support families and professionals learn about insuflon. Please take your time to watch through the session.
Objectives of the session
- Understand how to safely insert an insuflon
An insuflon is an indwelling cannula which has been designed for the administration of subcutaneous drugs. The main advantage is that it can stay in place for up to 3 days. This helps to reduce the pain and distress of repeated subcutaneous injections.
- Apron and gloves
- Ethyl Chloride cold spray
- Packet containing insuflon subcutaneous cannula and dressing
- Sharps bin
- 2% Chlorhexidine in 70% alcohol
What form does it come in?
Buccal Midazolam comes in 2 different forms:
- Buccolam - prefilled syringes in varying doses
- Epistatus - liquid preparation in a 5ml bottle which comes which comes with four syringes
Last reviewed: 1 November, 2023